The new apprenticeship reforms are being driven by Government and are redefining the shape of the apprenticeship system to meet the needs of the fast changing economy. Starting in April 2017, all employers operating in the UK, with an annual pay bill over £3 million, will be required to contribute to a new apprenticeship levy. In return, new apprenticeship reforms mean you will have more opportunity to directly drive the skills and training you need for your business.
The aim of this reform is to:
- Give employers control in designing apprenticeships Developed by employers, for employers
- Simplify the funding system Employers control how and where their funding is spent
Employer Age Grant
If you are an employer looking to recruit 16 – 24 year old apprentices, there is now a government grant available. £1,000 is available for small-medium size employers with less than 50 employees. Companies with up to 250 employees, who may be recruiting their first or additional apprentice, are also eligible to apply for a grant.
The number of grants are limited, and offered on a first come first served basis.
Some key Apprenticeship facts
- Over 80% of those employers who employ apprentices agree they make their workplace more productive.
- 81% of consumers favour using a company which takes on apprentices.
- There are more than 200 different types of Apprenticeships available offering over 1,200 job roles.
- 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce.
- 83% of employers who employ apprentices rely on their Apprenticeships programme to provide the skills that they need for the future.
- One in five employers are hiring more apprentices to help them through the tough economic climate.
To find out more about how apprenticeships can deliver for your business, call Best Choice Training on 0121 270 6064 so we can discuss your requirements.
Research shows that an apprentice contributes to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of a business performance giving the business competitive advantages over its rivals.
Apprentices are an effective way of adding value to your service delivery, meeting set targets and at the same time reducing the day to day strain on the team by just adding extra and affordable staff to your teams.
Best Choice Training Ltd will help you to find the apprentices with the right skills, right attributes, at the right time and location to fit your business needs. We will work with your Recruitment Department to complete an employer and learner profile matching the apprentices to your job specification.
The apprentices will be employed by you whilst enrolled on the apprenticeship program with Best Choice Training Ltd. The apprentice will be given the support needed by an assessor that will visit the learner at least once per month.
There is a special grant for employer who employs an apprentice for the minimum of 12 months. The employer will receive a sum of £1000 paid in instalment. Please visit www.skillfundingagency.gov
Best Choice Training will provide free mandatory training to your staff for taking on 1 or more apprentices age 16-18.
As an employer of an apprentice you are required to provide the apprentice employed by you with written terms and conditions of contract, in house training on your internal procedures, systems, equipment’s and material.
The apprentice should be paid no less than £3.50 per hour and need to be in placement for at least 12 months