Best Choice Training Ltd is committed to promoting sustainability. We aim to follow and promote good management of the organisation. We aim to follow and promote good sustainability practice, to reduce environmental impacts of all our activities and to assist our clients and partners in upholding sustainability practices.
What this means to us is that we operate our professional activities and the management of our organisation in a way that enables all people to realise their potential and improve their quality of life while protecting and enhancing the earth’s natural capital. This aspiration is operationalized for our purposes by our sustainability objectives, targets and indicators.
We are therefore committed to continually improve the integration of sustainability into our working environment and business processes. Our aim is to play a proactive role in contributing to achieving sustainability where we have influence. We are committed to accountability and transparency in our sustainability performance.
Our sustainable policy is based on the following principles
- To comply with all relevant legislation and codes of conduct that govern environmental practices
- To integrate all sustainability considerations in all our business decisions
- To ensure that all staff is aware of our sustainability policy and are committed to be involve in the promotion and implementing and improving it.
- To minimise the impact of sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To make our entire client aware of our sustainability policy, and to encourage them to adapt sound sustainability management practices.
- To continuously review our reports, policy and continuously aim to improve our sustainability management practices
In order to put these principles in practice we will:
- Walk, cycle and/or use public transport to attend meetings, site visits etc, apart from in exceptional circumstances where the alternatives are impractical and/or cost prohibitive.
- Travel to mainland Europe within a 1000km radius (excluding Scandinavia) normally will be undertaken by train.
- Include the full costs of more sustainable forms of transport in our financial proposals, rather than the least cost option which may involve travelling by car or air. Where the only practical alternative is to fly, we will include costs for full air fares rather than budget airlines in our financial proposals.
- Avoid physically travelling to meetings etc where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing or web cams, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips. These options are also often more time efficient, while not sacrificing the benefits of regular contact with clients and partners.
- To reduce the need to travel to meetings and elsewhere, and facilitate regular client contact, we will provide a web cam to clients free of charge for the duration of a project where appropriate.
- Reduce the need for our staff to travel by supporting alternative working arrangements, including home working etc, and promote the use of public transport by locating our offices in accessible locations.
- Use an emissions recording scheme for business travel to monitor our impact
Purchase of equipment and consumption of resources
- Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables, for example by double-siding all paper used, and identifying opportunities to reduce waste.
- As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment.
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment’s by purchasing energy efficient equipment and good housekeeping.
- Seek to purchase electricity from a supplier committed to renewable energy. Seek to maximise the proportion from renewable energy sources, whilst also supporting investment in new renewable energy schemes.
- Ensure that timber furniture and any other timber products are recycled or from well-managed, sustainable sources and are Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified.
- Purchase fair-trade and/or organic beverages.
Working practices and advice to clients
- Undertake voluntary work with the local community and / or environmental organisations and make donations to seek to offset carbon emissions from our activities.
- Ensure that any that any staffs we employ take account of sustainability issues in their advice and guidance given to clients.
- Include a copy of our Sustainability Policy in all our proposals to clients.